Getting about in the Chiltern Hills

If you’re unemployed and looking for work, you may get discounted travel in London. The discount card is provided to people claiming Jobseekers Allowance or Universal Credit for 3-9 months (18-24 year olds) or 3-12 months (over 25s). Other benefit recipients may receive a Jobcentre Plus Travel Discount Card from 3 months of their claim and if they are actively engaged with a Jobcentre Plus adviser. Cardholders are entitled to a 50% discount on selected rail tickets.

Buckinghamshire Council provide different options to get your child to and from school. These options include free school transport. To be eligible for free transport the council will consider; how far the walk to school is, the family’s income, any special needs they have and whether the walk is safe.

Applicants will need to provide a copy of their Ukrainian passport page for each of those requesting free travel (those five years and under do not require this) a contact name and a postal address. Arriva also require the area of travel. To apply for a pass please email your details to: